Sunday, March 9, 2008

Where The Wild Things Are

In my very first post I talked about reading to your kids. This has become such a close thing to my heart and is the reason I have decided to start featuring one of our favorite books each week. It is my hope that we can share this passion for reading, learning, and adventure together. Please leave me comments and tell me about your favorite storybook adventure.



Our first official featured book of the week is this children's classic and winner of the Caldecott Medal, Where the Wild Things Are. (Thanks Grandma Quack Quack for this gift.) This adventure of a boy named Max brings a smile to my face each time we read it. There is a familiar truth to the sassy mischief Max displays. His imagination runs wild and his journeys take him to far off lands to where the wild things are. I love the simple way in which Max shows that the monsters of his imagination are completely in his control and are nothing to be afraid of.

No comments: