Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Treasury of Children's Literature

I am cheating a little this week because this book is really a collection of classic children's stories. I found it hard to choose just one so I decided that the entire collection was worth mentioning. I bought A Treasury of Children's Literature for my little girl when she was performing Hansel and Gretel in the children's ballet series. I wanted her to be familiar with the original story so she would enjoy it more in the ballet. It reminded me that there are scores and scores of great stories out there that she has never heard of, and that it is up to me to make sure she is exposed to them. Stories like Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood, The Brementown Musicians, Rumpelstiltskin, and The Ugly Duckling have enchanted children's story books for years, and now they are a part of our storybook collection.

No comments: