Monday, March 17, 2008

Going Green on St. Patty's Day

Buzz word of the century...eco-friendly.
It's time I stop making excuses and teach my little girl the importance of taking care of our planet. That is why we are Going Green on St. Patty's Day! I am placing a call into my local trash collection company to find out what items they will pick up for recycling. We visited our nearest Target store and purchased matching trash bins. We chose to go with white because they were affordable and sufficient. Next we purchased some sticky back picture paper by Post-it. We are going to print labels for our recylcing bins to help identify which one is for plastic and which one is for paper, etc. It will also make it more fun for her to get involved. What kid doesn't like stickers! Be watching for my post on the finished product. I'll share with you the labels we came up with so you too can start your own recycling center at home.

No comments: