Monday, May 26, 2008

Rapunzel

This week I'd like to draw attention to one of the stories in our Treasury book we talked about previously. Lately it seems we have been coming back to the story of Rapunzel. It contains all the things that make a story great (a hero, a villain, adventure, romance, and for my little girl - a beautiful maiden with long braids of shiny golden hair). My daughter has reached that age when she is infatuated by boys - older boys at that (yikes!). At this point it is innocent so I'll leave my shot gun in its case (truth be told, I don't own a shot gun, but I have no problem getting one when the time comes). But at the speed in which these boys are running from her, I don't think it is them that I need to worry about for now. I guess it is no wonder she loves stories where a handsome prince comes in to save the day, and he and the fair maiden live happily ever after. In a world inundated with Disney Princess, I forgot there were classics out there that are still just as much fun to read. Give it a try. I know you'll like it!


No comments: