Sunday, March 9, 2008

Good Bites

Okay okay okay...I know that it seems a little odd that a blog just for dads is taking hints and advice from a group of moms. But sometimes it is good to aknowledge a great idea. Way to go ladies! And fellas...do the girls have to do all the work? Let's go.

This sandwich cutting delight has been a hit at my house. It's fast. It's mess-free. It's educational (shapes). And guys, it's all about gadgets! You too can be the cool dad. Although I haven't tested this, I wonder if you could pour pancake batter in the openings for a perfect breakfast mold. The plastic is microwave-safe but is it frying pan-safe too? (That hasn't been dad-tested so experiment at your own risk Toolman Taylor).

2 comments:

bethlynn said...

That looks like fun!! I gotta try it. I think it will be fine if you quickly use it to make some fun pancakes!! My favorite shaped one is the heart ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dads,

We make Good Bites and it works wonderfully on pancakes, french toast, quesadillas, and grilled cheese. It's made with food safe plastic but do all the cutting when it's off the grill and on the chopping block. If your kids are picky eaters, we found giving them a choice about what shape they want gets them involved and seems to get them eating! Happy cutting. Warmest wishes, Tamara (www.mominventors.com)