Monday, February 4, 2008

It takes desire to win

You've got to want it to win it, and we want it more!

I can't tell you how many times I chanted that at high school sporting events. Last night as I heard weeping and gnashing of teeth throughout the country (except in New York and Miami) I found myself chanting that silently to myself again...

You've got to want it to win it, and they wanted it more...

The Giants certainly showed up to win. And that is what they did. The Patriots did not beat themselves. Manning, Coughlin, Jacobs, Toomer, Burress, Tyree, Stahan and the entire Giant defense just played with more heart, more determination, and like they had something to prove. They had more desire to win last night in Phoenix.

I often find that the great things in life must start with a desire for greatness. Have you ever heard that some things just don't happen by chance? So as you sit there and ask yourself, "how can I become a better dad", let me ask you...how bad do you want it?

You've got to want it to win it...

No comments: