Sunday, May 18, 2008

Picnic time


I have been counting down the days and eagerly watching the weather forecast for that perfect day. A day when the breeze is no longer too cool to sit outside for more than just a few minutes. A day when the sun is shining and the warmth of its rays doesn't turn you into a sun-dried tomato. A day when the mosquitoes are yet to be seen. That day was yesterday. And so, my little girl and I packed the best picnic a basket can hold, we grabbed our ever-favorite waterproof picnic blanket from Mambe blankets, and we headed to the park. My city has the perfect place to picnic and spend the day playing at the Jordan Valley Park downtown. We found the perfect shade tree for our picnic. After we finished, we headed down to the water fountain for a splash in the fun. I tried to fly a kite while my little girl had fun with the other kids running through the jets of water coming up from the paved surface below. It was a day to remember and was made perfect with a stop off at Andy's Frozen Custard on the way home. If you have never heard of Andy's Custard, then I pitty your soul and I encourage you to make the stop the next time you find yourself driving through the Ozarks in Southwest Missouri. It's worth it!

No comments: