Saturday, April 12, 2008

My own shopping cart

We've all been to the grocery stores and seen those ginormous buses that they have bolted to the front of a shopping cart. My girl loves them! I want to know what the person who invented that thing was thinking? Have you ever tried pushing that monstrosity through Wal-Mart at rush hour?!! They don't exactly turn on the dime. We need to get Japanese automakers to team up with the yahoo who thought this one up and do a little more ideating. But alas...when all hope seemed lost, enter our super hero to save the day.

My little girl has one of those plastic miniature shopping carts (ironically, from Wal-Mart) and the other day she came up with the brilliant idea of taking it with her on our next shopping event. That sounded fun but I was going over in my mind the list of issues that would create. Now as I think back to it, I have no idea why that seemed like such a hassle to me. So one day, we walked in to my neighborhood Dillons. The day was like every other. We were rushing from one thing to the next and time was not on my side. As we passed through the sliding doors, my eyes looked for the nearest cart that didn't have a stack of newspaper inserts in it. And then we saw it. I think we saw it at the same time because the word EUREKA was going through my mind when I heard my girl squeal with excitement. There, next to all the big carts was a row of little plastic carts. I cannot tell you how much fun we had that day. Thank you, Dillons, for thinking of this dad and for reminding me that shopping is another one of those life experiences that I can share with my little girl.

No comments: